Department of Occupational Safety
1. Teaching: nurturing high quality students to serve as professionals in safety and health management and working environment assessment.
2. Environment: creating an e-learning environment.
3. Guidance: guiding students to enter graduate school to engage in higher study and gain certification as safety and health technicians.
4. Research: developing patents on safety protection; control of vibration hazards; management of construction safety; management of air quality; application of human factors.
5. Service: taking part in safety and health cases assigned by factories or the government; helping enterprises to improve their working environment; publicizing concepts of safety and health at senior high schools.
Institute of Industrial Safety and Disaster Prevention
1. Industrial and occupational safety management and risk assessment.
2. Risk assessment and management of natural hazards.
3. Pollution control and green technology.
4. Fire and explosive hazard reduction technology.
Database establishment and management for natural, industrial, and occupational hazards.